5 spooky cocktails for Halloween
BOO! Did we make you jump? Put a spell on fright night with a spooky drink thanks to these halloween inspired cocktails. Chin chin!
Because grown ups need treats too, get into the festive spirit (haha) with some spooky cocktails from the team at The Bowgie Inn, Crantock. Whooaaahhhh Happy Halloween!
Just 4 crucial ingredients and a device to extract Zombie brain. Joke! You don’t need one for this recipe although now we come to think of it, it would probably be a good idea to keep one in the cupboard just incase of a Zombie Apocalypse. There’s nothing like being prepared. Anyway… back to the cocktail recipe:
- Half fill a shot glass with Peach Schnapps.
- Add a splash of Creme de Menthe and watch as it sinks to the bottom.
- Add a layer of Baileys to the top of the shot
- Finally trickle in the blood, oops we mean Grenadine, and watch as the baileys curdles in the most mouthwatering way.
As Cocktails go, this is most definitely ‘extra’. It’s even got sparkly bits in it!
As this is extra you too need to go the extra mile, so dig out that cocktail shaker from the back of the cupboard and add:
- 2 measures of black vodka ( a good glug should do it)
- 1 measure of cherry juice
- half a measure of orange juice
- half a measure of maraschino cherry juice straight from the jar.
- A nice sprinkling of edible shimmer dust that you would use for cake decorating. Don’t add craft glitter. No one will thank you for that.
Add a few ice cubes and shake shake shake! You may at this point wish to whisper a few incantations. But that is entirely optional.
Strain the cocktail into a martini glass and enjoy.
This drink is all about the presentation – knock up a batch beforehand with the following ingredients and serve it in a punch bowl or a glass dispenser. Add spooky additions like eyeballs, brains, bats or whatever takes your fancy. (Serves 3 – 4 depending how much ice & additional eye balls you chuck in).
- 375 ml cava
- 15 ml peach liqueur
- 15 ml Cointreau
- 125 ml orange juice
- 125 ml lemonade
- 2 tbsp granulated fine sugar
- ½ orange
- 4 strawberries
- 4 raspberries
- 4 blackberries
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 6 mint leaves
Witches Brew Cocktail
Hubble bubble toil and trouble this cocktail will tempt even the most difficult to please witches amongst us.
- Add equal amounts of vodka, triple sec and blue curacao to a shaker over cracked ice.
- Add in some fresh lime juice and shake whilst laughing manically and sitting on a broomstick.
- Prepare a martini glass with a rim of black sugar…. Which is basically just plain old normal sugar drizzled with black food colouring.
- Strain the liquid into the glass. Voila!
This is the perfect after dinner treat; even those of us living outside Transylvania cannot deny the deliciousness of this shot. If this is what getting bitten by a Vampire is like then please give Dracula our phone number!
- Crush some raspberries and mix in a bit of sugar for good luck.
- Add this to the bottom of a shot glass until the glass is about 1/3 full.
- Trickle vodka over the raspberries.
- Top off with a generous helping of Baileys
- Finally, drizzle with chocolate sauce, then get your fangs stuck in to this deliciously deadly shot.