Muddy Makes: Botelet’s Beetroot and Apple Overnight Oats
This breakfast recipe celebrates fresh autumn ingredients - apples and beetroot - that can be found in abundance in Cornwall, and it packs it’s plant-powered punch offering a vibrant, nutritious start to the day.
In normal times, Muddy fave and ancient farm, Botelet, lays on a sumptuous spread at their monthly Breakfast Club, featuring organic ingredients from the garden and hedgerows and other local, seasonal goodies.
Until we can return to eating together, we asked Tia to share an autumnal breakfast recipe that we can make at home. Light a candle, grab a napkin and serve up this and you could *almost* be at the Botelet breakfast table.
Prepare this simple recipe the evening before then pop in the fridge overnight. Delicious served on its own or with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of granola.
- 80g oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 small apple (approx 60g when peeled and cored)
- 1 small beetroot (approx 60g)
- A few shavings fresh ginger
- 250ml almond milk (or alternative milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional – granola and yogurt to serve
1. Place the oats, chia seeds, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and grated ginger in a mixing bowl
2. Peel and core then apple, then grate and add to the mixing bowl
3. Wash, top and tail the beetroot then grate and add to the bowl, mix well
4. Add the almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl, mix well.
5. Place a lid or plate on top of the bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
6. Take out of the fridge approx 10 minutes before eating to warm slightly, give a good stir before serving.