My Perfect Padstow Stay
This pretty Padstow townhouse is newly refurbished and just five minutes walk from the harbour. I'm moving in!
Planning a trip to the famous Cornish harbour town of Padstow? Well I’ve just found you the perfect little bolthole from which to explore.
Samphire House (bookable through Cornish Horizons) is a pebble’s throw from the harbour and all the shops, galleries and eateries of town.
The pretty townhouse sleeps six – making it ideal for a family holiday – and it’s has recently been given a snappy seaside makeover.
The fresh interiors make the most of the property’s original features – think cast iron fireplaces and stripped wood floor boards – with comfy sofas and a smattering of driftwood. Outside, the sheltered garden is ideal for BBQs at the end of the day.
Special offer: Book any available June 2018 week and get a £70 Rick Stein voucher to use whilst on holiday
When in Padstow… 15 things to do nearby
- Cycle the Camel Trail – an accessible 18-mile bike track that runs all the way to Bodmin.
- Eat and eat some more! Muddy faves include… Prawn on the Lawn, Rojano’s on the Square, Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant, St Enodoc Restaurant, Outlaw’s Fish Kitchen, Appleton’s at the Vineyard and Surfside Polzeath.
For a quick bite, we love Strong Adolfos and Snail’s Pace Cafe up the other end of the Camel Trail. And for an authentic cream tea with a smattering of strawberries try Berryfields Farm at Porthcothnan.
- Catch the ferry to Rock pint at The Mariners and the sandy walk from Rock to Daymer Bay at low tide.
- Fill the larder at Padstow Farmshop and grab a bottle or two of vino at BinTwo.
- Explore the Seven Bays – 7 beautiful local beaches including Constantine, Porthcothnan and Mother Ivey’s.
- Check out the impressive local artwork at Padstow Gallery.
- Time your visit for one of many local events to festivals, including ‘Obby ‘Oss, The Royal Cornwall Show, Rock Oyster Festival and Padstow Christmas Festival.
- Splash around with the kids at Retallack Aqua Park or surf machine FlowRider.
- Take a tour of Elizabethan country house Prideaux Place for a taste of local history
- Catch some waves or learn to surf at Polzeath Beach.
- Brush up your culinary skills at Rick Stein’s Cookery School.
- Go on a day trip to Port Issac (of Doc Martin fame) and Port Gaverne. The brilliant pub at Port Gaverne was recently voted ‘Best in the South West’.
- Get pampered at St Enodoc Hotel’s tranquil spa or The Cowshed at St Moritz Hotel.
- Go paddleboarding at Harlyn Bay
- Get top tips on growing your own veg on a Padstow Kitchen Garden gardening course.