Wouldn’t you though?
Meet Nat, talented local artist and skateboarder who has combined her two passions and created Thrashion jewellery.
She started skateboarding when she was about 8 and has had an on/off relationship with it ever since. Training as a fine artist at college and having a passion for recycling, when she fell over some broken skateboards in her attic it seems silly not to put the two together. That was around 2007/8 and the business kinda grew organically from there.
Influenced by living in Cornwall, Nat often pick up ideas for designs and shapes from the landscape. She’s also inspired by the actual skateboards as they are pieces of art in themselves. Currently, Nat is working on some exciting top secret projects which have taken her right back to the design and making process – her favourite part of the business.
Thrashion items are created from broken (‘thrashed’) skateboard decks, which are used in their original state, incorporating each scratch, sticker and ding to represent the character of the rider. Each item is absolutely unique and 100% handmade. Items are produced in limited runs so they are not available for long and she rarely re-releases products – so once they’ve gone they’ve gone folks!
- Thrashion Originals recycled skateboard ring £10
- Thrashion Spring Slow release recycled skateboard and silver hex necklace £43
- Thrashion Theta recycled skateboard large studs £33
- Thrashionrecycled skateboard Solid Silver Bearing Bracelet (collaboration piece with Justin Duance jewellery, Newlyn) £318
- Thrashion Originals recycled skateboard Bangle £20
- Thrashion Theta recycled skateboard Impossible ring £92
- Thrashion Theta recycled skateboard and platinum cufflinks £70
- Thrashion vs Tinghands Textiles limited edition bag (collaboration piece with proskatebpoarder and textile designer Emma ‘Tinyhands’ Richardson) £35