Hello and welcome to the Cornish Edition of award-winning lifestyle blog Muddy Stilettos.
I am Sophie Baker. I live on a windy hilltop on Cornwall’s north coast, with my husband and two nutty under-fives. A writer and digital marketer for over a decade, I’ve written for magazines, blogs and brands big and small, covering everything from food to fashion, travel to interiors (someone’s got to do it!)
After studying and honing my trade in London, I escaped to the sea in 2014 and still can’t believe my luck that we’ve ended up here. Cornwall is bursting with foodie hotspots, stylish boltholes and brilliantly creative businesses, not to mention the epic beaches. I now spend my days seeking out the best restaurants, cafes, day trips, hotels, boutiques, walks, secret spots and events the county has to offer, to share them with Muddy readers here and across the country.
If you have any great ideas for the blog or favourite places I’ve yet to cover, please let me know. I hope you enjoy reading Muddy as much as I enjoy creating it.
See you on the beach,
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the blog:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and @MuddyCornwall
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial blog and as such accepts advertising. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.