Hi, I’m Rachel. Welcome to the Cornish Edition of award-winning lifestyle platform Muddy Stilettos.
Along with my husband and two young children, I escaped to Cornwall’s north coast in 2017 from North London. I live overlooking a field of sheep, where we can watch the weather sweep off the Atlantic.
Now, more than ever, Cornwall is bursting with interesting things to do: foodie hotspots, stylish boltholes and brilliantly creative businesses. Cornwall’s restaurant scene is really taking off and we’ve seen many a London restaurant head to Cornwall for the summer. And did I mention the beaches? I spend my days seeking out the best Cornwall has to offer – plus restaurants, cafes, day trips, hotels, boutiques, walks, secret spots and events across the county, to share them with Muddy readers both here and across the country. But when I’m not doing that, I can usually be found surfing. See you on the beach!
This is the Muddy Mantra, so you know what to expect from the site:
- I try everything out myself so that you can fully trust my opinions. On the occasions that I haven’t been somewhere myself, I let you know that’s the case.
- I don’t write advertorial. This means I will never accept payment to write about something I don’t believe in.
- I accept tickets to free shows, festivals, restaurants, events etc with the purpose of reviewing or publicising them on Muddy Stilettos, as I’m sure you appreciate it’s pretty expensive zipping around trying stuff out all the time. Hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars – if you want me to try you out, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and @MuddyCornwall.
- Muddy Stilettos is a commercial site and accepts advertising and payment to feature products and brands. However, we believe passionately in only working with brands that share our ethos and are relevant to our readers. We retain editorial control and independence at all times.
- I’ll never write a nasty review. I’m not into trashing people, brands or companies. But if you’re not good enough, I won’t write about you in Muddy Stilettos, regardless of whether I have paid for the experience or not. This gives me the editorial control I need and the trust that my readers demand.